Almost Famous

After six weeks of travelling around the world, it's time to continue my journey at home. Life goes on and Fanny is still making headlines. "We're moving to Sydney darlinks!" To be continued...

Press Play to hear Barbra:

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Emily Rose


Tuesday 1 November was Melbourne cup day. The nation stands still and it's declared a public holiday in Victoria. Instead of gambling and spending the day with a million other people, drunk and suffering serious heat stroke, I opted to go the movies, my favourite past time. (Even though Carson Kressley is in town hosting the Melbourne Cup Race).

We saw the movie, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". I wasn't going to see this movie at the cinema because I thought I could wait until it was released on DVD. However, Andrew came along so I thought why not. It was a hot day and the cinema was a good place to escape the heat. Alan joined us. The movie was a court room drama but still had a creepy presence about it, especially when Linney's character starts to believe in demons. I've seen it before. The key witness mysteriously dies before he is about to testify, the demonic noises growling out of a little girl, the demonic digital clock and the distressed priest. I really enjoyed it though. Laura Linnley is fantastic. Her hair was fabulous. Perhaps 'Emily' did suffer from Epileptic Psychosis? We will never know...Jennifer Carpenter did a great job, even though you can't help but compare her with Linda Blair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home