Almost Famous

After six weeks of travelling around the world, it's time to continue my journey at home. Life goes on and Fanny is still making headlines. "We're moving to Sydney darlinks!" To be continued...

Press Play to hear Barbra:

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Big "O"


It's Friday 14 October. We arrived in Ottawa after a great time in Montreal: the wedding was great. It was very special. Steven, Julie and Gable were there. Gable took a short video, which I can email friends; however it doesn't show Alan crying his eyes out! I'm sure most people have veiwed the photos. We partied at the Black & Blue festival although the weather was freezing.We shared Thanksgiving dinner with our best friend Julie, who braved my family and enjoyed her first Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner. It's fun shopping this time of year in Canada. The Halloween and Christmas decorations are out in full force. I bought a few decorations for our party on 29 October. The folks are well and it's wonderful to have everyone in the same house for the first time in four years. My neices look great. Ashley wants to travel down under and work as a bartender...The weather in Ottawa is pretty dull, wet and cool. We went downtown to visit the Parliament Buildings, Peace Tower and had high tea at the Chateau Laurier Hotel. We shopped at Walmart and saw the movie "Flight Plan". We also ran into Gable in the Byward Market. I guess the countdown is on before we return home. I'm looking forward to my own bed, Luca, breakfast at ICE cafe and visiting with my friends! Alan is coping well, I think and is proving to be an excellent navigator as I'm driving around Ottawa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home