Almost Famous

After six weeks of travelling around the world, it's time to continue my journey at home. Life goes on and Fanny is still making headlines. "We're moving to Sydney darlinks!" To be continued...

Press Play to hear Barbra:

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Down for the Weekend


Alan decided to head down to Melbourne to conduct some business and we made a weekend out of it. I had Friday off work, so I left Friday morning. Alan left on Thursday. My flight was delayed by 45 min and I already made plans to meet NB for a drink in the city. I had to jump out of the taxi and gulp my wine before NB had to dash to her next meeting. No time to check into the hotel. It was great to see NB and catch up albeit quick, like speed dating I said. I didn't eat a thing all day, so the wine went straight to my head. The moment I sat down in the bar, 3 Below (pictured), it poured with rain. It was cold and wet. Welcome to Melbourne. When I left Sydney it was sunny and 18C. (NB arrives in Sydney for a visit at the end of the month which I'm looking forward to).

I walked to the Rydges on Exhibition St where we were staying and met up with Alan. We had a room on the 18th floor with a view. He had a late afternoon appointment so we departed. I did some shopping in Melbourne Central and took the tram to ICE cafe to meet the boys and Alan for dinner. It was strange being back in Melbourne. We saw most of our friends including D&H and their million dollar money pit. It'll be interesting to see it after the renovations. SS, DW, JM were all fabulous. The topic of conversation was Big Brother and Dick Cheese - oh how it was good to be back...? Even Blair graced us with his gorgeous pecs and smile.

We're back in sunny Sydney and we're about to assemble our new BBQ. How many fags does it take?

Luca stayed on her own and is permanently attached to my lap purring away, now that we're home. She manages fine for a couple of nights by herself, but we still need to find her a home for 10 days when we leave for Canada. Being away from her for such a long time is difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home