Almost Famous

After six weeks of travelling around the world, it's time to continue my journey at home. Life goes on and Fanny is still making headlines. "We're moving to Sydney darlinks!" To be continued...

Press Play to hear Barbra:

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Blue Hotel


On Friday night I drove into the city to meet Alan & to entertain his work colleagues. He finished an Advisory Board meeting which took place at the elegant and cool Blue Hotel (formerly W hotel). It's on the fisherman's wharf in Wooloomooloo. The drive into the city from Punchbowl was stressful and tiring. I followed RM in the heavy traffic and rain, to his street and then ventured off into the night alone til I arrived at the hotel. Whereis, gave me incorrect information, so I had to improvise but I made it in the end. I took advantage of the valet parking and I was only too happy to hand over the keys. I met Alan in the foyer, we went up to our loft style room before he had to head back to his guests. I wanted to change and freshen up before making my entrance. I was meeting Alan's boss for the first time so that was a special event. We had dinner at Ottos. The food was delicious, the wine flowed and the service impeccable. We were all quite full by the end of the meal. Most of the guests left and went their separate ways, but some of us were up for a night cap before heading to bed. I was so tired it was a real struggle to keep my eyes open. My teeth hurt I was so tired. The room was divine with a view over looking our old apartment building in Potts Point. We had to get up early to take the car to the garage so we could get the NSW blue slip. Too bad we couldn't enjoy the great hotel room for a few more hours. We then had breakfast at Phil's in Parramatta before picking up the car and heading home. Luca was alone for the night so I was anxious to see her.

We also bought a BBQ on Sunday and visited Karen and her family. On Saturday afternoon, Alan's sister and Mortie came for a brief visit. This time they could see the view as it wasn't dark but rather fresh and bright from the afternoon sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home