Almost Famous

After six weeks of travelling around the world, it's time to continue my journey at home. Life goes on and Fanny is still making headlines. "We're moving to Sydney darlinks!" To be continued...

Press Play to hear Barbra:

Friday, January 13, 2006

Remembering my Grandparents


Earlier this week I received some very bad news. My Grandparents were in a house fire. The house was severely damaged. Both my grandparents suffered smoke inhalation and were admitted to hospital. Unfortunately, my Grandfather passed away a few days ago. My Mom and Aunt flew to Letchworth, England on the first available flight. My Grandma Rose is still in hospital and suffers from mild dementia. It will be a shock to her when she realises that she'll have to move into a nursing home, that her husband is gone and that her home of over 70 years has burnt to the ground.

My Mom will have a tough time ahead of her. I haven't spoken to her yet but I plan on calling tonight to find out more? I've been getting news from my Dad and cousin via email. I can only imagine that my Mom and Aunt are tired from jet lag, drained from emotional trauma and grief!

I've added a photo of my Grandparents, which was taken over 15 years ago. My Grandad George was always immaculately dressed. He had style and grace. I regret not visiting them in Letchworth when I was in London three months ago but I can't dwell on the past. I will always remember them as they are in the photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home